- Info: Tommy is the guy who knows what needs to be done. Tommy runs the show. A born leader. Tommy is smart, loves adventure, and has a special charm that works on babies and grownups.
- Age: 1
- Favorite Quote: "A baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do."
- Family: Mother, Didi Pickles; Father, Stu Pickles; Brother, Dylan Pickles; Grandpa, Lou Pickles; Cousin, Angelica Pickles
- Info: Chuckie is a fraidy-cat and is full of fears.. Chuckie calls Tommy "Tobby". Chuckie always warns the "Rugrats" of the dangers of everything.
- Age: 2
- Favorite Quotes: "You guys, I don't think this is such a good idea." "Let's go back before it's too late!" "We're doomed!" "Of course I'm scared. I'm always scared and I'm always gonna be scared."
- Info: Angelica is a pure mean child. Angelica believes that babies are meant to be picked on, tricked, lied to, and blamed for the things they did not do. (After all, she came first!) Angelica has a temper and Tommy and the other babies are not the only ones to feel her anger, her doll, Cynthia, gets mangled on a regular basis. Angelica's Uncle Stu and Aunt Didi have put up with more than their share of her tantrums. Angelica does have a bit of niceness in her, though she rarely shows it. Angelica understands both grownups and the babies, she is part baby and part bigger kid.
- Talent: Acting. (Angelica has convined her parents that she is a perfect angel.)
- Age: 3
- Family: Aunt, Didi Pickles; Uncle, Stu Pickles; Cousin, Tommy Pickles
Phil and Lil DeVille
- Info: Phil and Lil are twins, they look almost exactly alike, except that Lil is the one with the bow in her hair. When they talk, the other one finishes for them. When they finish incorrectly, Phil and Lil get into an argument that seems more of a contest to see who can whine loudest.
- Ages: 1
- Susie is whom Tommy goes to for advice. Susie will help, even is she does not know what to tell you, she will at least try. Susie is someone that Tommy trusts. Susie lives across the street from Tommy's house.
- Age: 3
- Info: Stu seems to be pretty absent-minded, but Stu invents toys for a living.
- Family: Wife, Didi Pickles; Children, (sons) Tommy, Dylan Pickles; Father, Lou Pickles
- Info: Didi is devoted to her family. Didi gets so wrapped up in learning how to be a good mom that she often loses track of her son. Tommy usually comes back before she realizes that Tommy is gone.
- Family: Husband, Stu Pickles; Children, (sons) Tommy, Dylan Pickles; Father-In-Law, Lou Pickles
"Grandpa" Lou Pickles
- Info: Grandpa seems to be the only grownup that knows what is going on. Grandpa frequent babysits, he spends more time with the babies than the rest of the adults do. Grandpa never lets anyone forget what life was like in the old days, but sometimes it sounds like Grandpa doesn't really remember them correctly.
- Family: Son, Stu Pickles; Daughter-In-Law, Didi Pickles; Grandchildren, (grandsons) Tommy, Dylan Pickles
- Info: Tommy's dog Spike has helped the "Rugrats" through more adventures than he can count. Spike doesn't have any magical powers and he doesn't seem to do anything all that amazing. Spike watches over the "Rugrats" better than Stu, Didi, or Grandpa. Spike is always willing to get his paws in the action when it comes to adventures.
- Cynthia is a doll. She belongs to Angelica and is subject to a lot of Angelica's anger.
- Reptar is mean. Usually seen in movies, on TV, Reptar toys, or Reptar Bars (delicious and turn your tongue green).